Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mr. Ground hog did not see his shadow

Autumn Sedum

Tulips
Japanese Iris's


According to the ground hog, spring should be arriving early and I have proof that it is. I recently went outside and found my Japanese Iris's, tulips and Autumn sedum sprouting right out of the ground. Tulips bring me joy and hope that winter is almost over and now I just need to get though this next month of bitter cold.
I love to relate plants to real life, how many of us go through dark times of trouble and you seem to feel like you can't see the end of things, until something good happens that gives you hope that more brighter times are  a head. Taking pictures of these beautiful plants in 10 degree weather has made me realize we have a lot to learn from  these plants.
Kinley this last week had started throwing some terrible tantrums and calling people names I have no clue how to deal with. Kinley is learning the letter N this week in school and has really been excited that she is going to kindergarten in the fall. Madilyn has had more progress with her speech and also has been wearing underwear during the day and pull ups at night. Thomas's tumbling team did really well at their first meet  with 18 1st places, 10 2nd places, and 8 3rd places. The High Point Cheer team also took 1st place at their competition this last week. 
As for me this last week as been good I made cupcakes with my girls and their cousin in was fun and really nice to get out of the house.  I am learning a lot from a friend I have spent sometime with the last few days she is so patient with her children and I enjoy watching and learning many things from this remarkable person, I am truly blessed to have such an example in my life.
 Tomorrow is my awesome husbands Birthday and I am so grateful for him in my life, he bring so much fun and joy into my day. I never thought I would make a pink cake for Thomas but he wanted a strawberry cake so I have that and pink frosting.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I hope winter is ending soon! then we can go to the park & our pants sizes may not be so big ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yeah I need to go to the park! Trampolines just aren't the same after having kids.

    ReplyDelete