Sunday, February 27, 2011

Where is Spring?

So I was hoping for a early spring, but instead was dumped on with 12 inches of snow, WHAT? WHY? Ok, ok so we need the snow so we don't go into a huge drought this summer, I am just saying it would be nice. 
Here is the up date with me and family. Kinley passed Level 2 in tumbling but is still to young to move her to Level 3, we have started reading a series of books and she now is on the 4th book. I really want to teach my kids piano but one problem, I don't have a piano. Oh we also are looking at a Charter school for Kin, we are not sure we can get in but its something we are looking into. 
Madilyn is still small as ever but is speaking better every day and her vocabulary is expanding like crazy, every week I hold a preschool class with just her and me, where we learn a letter of the week. Madi has also started in the Preschool tumbling class in which she did very well staying with the class. Madi's progress with potty training is about the same I have to constantly remind her, he favorite underwear are her little boy toys story ones she picked out, this morning she put them on and ran around pointing at her bottom saying dinosaur butt(there was Rex the dinosaur from toy story on her undies). 
Thomas is still working hard and just had a tumbling meet and crashed a soon as he got home last night. We did got to a USU Gymnastic meet last Saturday as a family and I have to say was not impressed, tumbling is much more interesting to watch. 

 2 weeks you can see the onions sprouted, tomatoes are nice, and the peppers are just coming through the soil.  you can also see I started some lettuce, I did that so I can eat some in a couple weeks.
I just was listening to the radio and heard that gas prices are going to possible reach 5 dollars a gallon, which would also mean that food prices are going up, this made me thankful that we are going to grow a large garden this year and really hope many people fallow too. 


3 comments:

  1. Your kids are progressing every day! Kinley was such a big help yesterday cleaning up her room. She showed me where things go. Very grown up. She also read her RFAL book very well to me. Your garden starts give me hope that spring is coming. I guess I am doing a garden again. I always say I'm not, but fresh veggies are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kids. That pink outfit is a hoot! haha, get it? You might look into buying a keyboard. It's ridiculous the size of the one that I started on... You might try freecycle to get one too. Singing is a great alternative- teaching singing and rhythm with small percussion instruments.
    I have heard even higher figures for the price of gas. We're trying to build up our food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara is a Hoot and the outfit suits her well. Tamsyn are you in a apartment? If want to do any container gardening let me know I can help. What is Freecycle?

    ReplyDelete